- Immortal Love, forever full,
Forever flowing free,
Forever shared, forever whole,
A never ebbing sea!
- We nay not climb the heavenly steeps
To bring the Lord Christ down;
In vain we search the lowest deeps,
For him no depths can drown.
- But warm, so tender, even yet
A present help is He;
And faith has still its Olivet,
And love its Galilee.
- The healing of His seamless dress
Is by our beds of pain;
We touch Him in life’s throng and press,
And we are whole again.
- Through Him the first fond prayers are said,
Our lips of childhood frame;
The last low whispers of our dead
Are burdened with His name.
- O Lord and Master of us all:
Whate’er our names or sign,
We own Thy sway, we hear Thy call,
We test our lives by Thine!