- I come with joy to meet my Lord,
Forgiven, loved and free,
In awe and wonder to recall
His life laid down for me,
His life laid down for me.
- I come with Christians far and near
To find, as all are fed,
Our true community of love
In Christ’s communion bread,
In Christ’s communion bread.
- As Christ breaks bread for us to share
Each proud division ends.
That love that made us makes us one,
And strangers now are friends,
And strangers now are friends.
- And thus with joy we meet our Lord.
His presence always near,
Is in such friendship better known:
We see and praise Him here,
We see and praise Him here.
- Together met, together bound,
We’ll go our diff’rent ways,
And as His people in the world,
We’ll live and speak His praise,
We’ll live and speak His praise.