- Children of the heavenly Father
Safely in His bossom gather;
Nestling bird nor star in heaven
Such a refuge e’er was given.
- God His own doth tend and nourish,
In His holy love they flourish;
From all evil things He spares them,
In His mighty arms He bears them.
- Neither life nor death shall ever
From the Lord His children sever;
Unto them His grace He showeth,
And their sorrows all He knoweth.
- Praise the Lord in joyful numbers,
Your Protector never slumbers;
At the will of your Defender
Every foe-man must surrender.
- Though He giveth or He taketh,
God His children ne’er forsaketh;
His the loving purpose solely
To preserve them pure and holy.